The FBI has offices around the world and can be contacted around the clock, every day of the year. See When to Contact the FBI for details on our areas of responsibility.
If someone is in imminent danger, call 911 or your local police immediately. You can also provide information on the FBI’s, which we monitor 24/7. If you do so, please be specific and let us know up front that it is an emergency.
Here’s how to contact us:
To Reach a Specific FBI Office
You can report violations of U.S. federal law or submit information in a criminal or terrorism investigation as follows:
- Criminal History Checks - Request your identification record or rap sheet.
- Business opportunities - Products/services purchased, forms, other resources.
- FBI Records/FOIA - To request records or speak with a representative.
- Jobs & Careers - Job openings, internships, recruiting events, etc.
- National Press Office - For news media. Call (202) 324-3000.
- Public Tours - The is open by appointment.
For Former FBI Employees
- For advice on post-government service employment restrictions, contact the Bureau’s Office of Integrity and Compliance at 202-324-7330.