FBI Seeks Public’s Assistance in Identifying the Countdown Bandit Bank Robber
Timothy Gallagher, special agent in charge of the FBI Newark Field Office, is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the individual(s) believed to be responsible for robbing seven banks on seven separate occasions since July 2015. In most of the robberies, the individual approached the teller, orally demanded money, counted down from 10 or 15 to one, and made off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
In all bank robberies, the subject is described as a black or Hispanic male, 5’8”-6’0” tall, mid-30s, and athletic build.
The following is a listing of the robberies:
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016—At approximately 9:50 a.m., the M&T Bank located at 1620 Rt. 23 North in Wayne, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore a white buttoned down shirt, ¾-sleeved hunter green jacket, blue jeans, a dark-colored baseball cap, and solid white sneakers.
- Tuesday, December 29, 2015—At approximately 10:10 a.m., the Hudson City Bank located at 249 Kinderkamack Road in Oradell, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore a black knit hat, a zip-up gray and white sweater with a gold colored-scarf around his head, khaki pants, and white sneakers.
- Thursday, December 3, 2015—At approximately 10:00 a.m., the Hudson City Bank located at 435 Lewandowski Street in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore a green Jets baseball cap, glasses, and a dark-colored sweatshirt.
- Friday, November 6, 2015—At approximately 10:21 a.m., the Hudson City Bank located at 897 Prospect Street in Glen Rock, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore a grey baseball cap, dark-colored jacket, and light-colored pants.
- Friday, October 23, 2015—At approximately 9:40 a.m., the Hudson City Bank located at 715 River Road in New Milford, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore glasses with a blue tint-on frame and clear lenses, pullover dark green sweater, and light-colored pants.
- Wednesday, August 12, 2015—At approximately 10:09 a.m., the Hudson City Bank located at 1070 Main Street in River Edge, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore an orange shirt and light colored pants.
- Wednesday, July 1, 2015,—At approximately 12:31 p.m., the Community Bank of Bergen County located at 125 West Pleasant Avenue in Maywood, New Jersey, was robbed. The subject wore grey sweatpants, a black hooded sweatshirt with a polo logo, black winter skull cap, and black shoes.
Anyone with information about these or any other bank robberies should contact the FBI at 973-792-3000. Additional information and photographs of these bank robberies can be found on Bandittrackernortheast.com.
Citizens are reminded they should never attempt to apprehend a fugitive on their own and should dial 911 in an emergency.