Reward Increases for Man Wanted for Bank Robberies and Carjackings
Also Suspected in the Armed Robbery and Shooting of a Brink’s Driver and Good Samaritan
The multi-agency task force investigating a series of bank robberies and two carjackings believes the same person is responsible for the armed robbery and shooting of a Brink’s armored car driver and good Samaritan. The incident happened on December 6, 2019 outside GTE Financial at 101 E. Bloomingdale Avenue in Brandon. The unknown suspect attacked the Brink’s driver as he was filling an ATM machine with money. A good Samaritan sitting in a nearby car witnessed the struggle and intervened. Both men were shot by the suspect and fortunately survived their injuries.
As noted in an earlier release, witnesses describe the suspect as:
- Sex: Male
- Race: Black
- Age: Approximately 30-40 years old
- Height: 5’10” to 6’0” feet tall
- Build: Slender
- Hair: Black
- Other details: Wears a black/gray dreadlocks wig; possible gold teeth
Brink’s is adding $15,000 to the reward currently offered bringing the total up to $50,000 for information leading to the identification and arrest of the suspect.
The reward allocation is as follows:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the identification and arrest of the suspect involved in the bank robbery cases.
- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest of the unknown suspect involved in the carjacking cases.
- Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $3,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the suspect involved in the bank robbery and carjacking cases. (Crime Stoppers must be contacted first in order to be eligible for a cash reward. Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay can only guarantee your anonymity for tips submitted through the Crime Stoppers program.)
- Mid-Florida Credit Union is offering a reward of up to $12,000 for information leading to the arrest of the unknown suspect involved in the bank robbery cases.
- Brink’s is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information leading to the identification and arrest of the suspect in the Brink’s armed robbery and shooting.
The unknown subject is wanted in five bank robberies in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. The task force also believes the suspect is connected to two carjackings in St. Petersburg. Both incidents occurred at 8101 4th Street North on August 26, 2019 and November 4, 2019.
The dates and locations of the bank robberies are as follows:
- October 22, 2018 Mid-Florida Credit Union, 825 West Brandon Boulevard, Brandon, Florida
- February 22, 2019 Mid-Florida Credit Union, 3202 West Waters Avenue, Tampa, Florida
- June 19, 2019 Mid-Florida Credit Union, 4300 Park Boulevard, Pinellas Park, Florida
- August 27, 2019 Suncoast Credit Union, 3234 South Miller Road, Valrico, Florida
- October 9, 2019 Mid-Florida Credit Union, 29383 U.S. 19 North, Clearwater, Florida
The suspect should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Tampa FBI Field Office (813) 253-1000 or submit a tip at tips.fbi.gov. You can also call ATF’s tip line at 1-888-ATF-TIPS or submit a tip to TampaFIG@atf.gov or call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477) or crimestopperstb.com. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
The public is reminded that all individuals are innocent until proven guilty.