ST. LOUIS—The FBI is hosting a Diversity Agent Recruitment (DAR) event to provide attendees the opportunity to learn and ask questions about becoming an FBI special agent. The in-person event will be held on August 18, 2022, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in St. Louis.
“To effectively enforce more than 300 criminal and national security-related federal statutes, the FBI needs a cadre of special agents who represent diverse cultures, perspectives, and professional backgrounds,” said Special Agent in Charge Jay Greenberg of the FBI St. Louis Division. “Special agents bring their skills, compassion, and integrity to stay ahead of threats, uphold the law, defend civil rights, and protect innocent people.”
At the August 18th event, local FBI special agents will share their personal experiences to offer insight and inspiration. Additionally, there will be information to help prospective applicants prepare for and be more successful during the Special Agent Selection System, a multi-step process designed to find individuals who will be successful in this job.
Priority to attend will be given to those who meet the special agent qualifications listed below. Those with backgrounds in foreign languages, STEM, accounting, and law are especially encouraged to attend. This event is open to applicants of all backgrounds and we encourage members of all ethnic and gender groups underrepresented in law enforcement to participate.
To be considered for this event, e-mail STLOUISAPPLICANTS@fbi.gov with your name, date of birth, and address. Deadline to register is August 16, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. CDT.
To qualify for the special agent position, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old.
- Apply before your 36th birthday unless you have veteran’s preference or federal law enforcement experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of full-time professional work experience or have an advanced degree and at least one year of full-time professional work experience.
- Meet our physical fitness requirements.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Meet all other FBI Eligibility requirements.