FBI Seeking Information Regarding Skinny Jeans Bandit
The FBI is seeking information regarding the identification of a serial bank robber the FBI has dubbed the Skinny Jeans Bandit. The Skinny Jeans Bandit is suspected in the robbery of at least five banks in the Chicago and northwestern Indiana region, and is described as follows:
- Light skinned black or Hispanic male
- 5’9” to 6’ tall with a smaller build
- Short, cropped hair
- Thin mustache
- Well-dressed in “preppy” clothing, to include “skinny” jeans
The five robberies were committed at the following banks:
- BMO Harris Bank, 850 Army Trail Road, Carol Stream, Illinois, on 11/21/2014
- Fifth Third Bank, 750 Northwest Highway, Cary, Illinois, on 12/08/2014
- Chase Bank, 2301 Calumet Avenue, Valparaiso, Indiana, on 12/23/2014**
- Chase Bank, 975 East Belvidere, Grayslake, Illinois, on 12/26/2014
- BMO Harris Bank, 10705 Broadway, Crown Point, Indiana, on 01/07/2015
Additional information can be located at www.bandittrackerchicago.com.
This case is being investigated by the FBI, in coordination with local authorities. Anyone with information regarding this bank robbery is asked to contact the Merrillville Office of the FBI at (219) 769-3719 or the Chicago Office of the FBI at (312) 421-6700.
FBI Point of Contact: Supervisory Senior Resident Agent W. David Crawford, II, FBI Media Representative.
**The robbery in Valparaiso was attempted, but not completed.