Reward Offered in Armed Robbery Shooting
February 2, 2012
The FBI is searching for a man who allegedly shot and robbed an armored car service employee.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is searching for a man who allegedly shot and robbed an armored car service employee.
Peter Carricato: The fact that somebody would actually just run up to somebody and with no hesitation shoot them really makes this an important case that we try to solve as quickly as possible, because you never know when the next time this suspect is going to go out there and hurt somebody else.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. The shooting and robbery happened outside of an ATM in Charlotte, North Carolina. Special Agent Peter Carricato says the suspect was caught on surveillance camera waiting for the female employee.
Carricato: Once he sees the armed carrier get out, that’s when he makes his move, and you can see him running across the parking lot.
Halpern: The suspect then shot the woman and grabbed a bag of money.
Carricato: He can be seen in the video carrying the bag in his left hand, and he had the gun in a glove in his right hand.
Halpern: Witnesses say the suspect is a black male, between 15 and 25 years old, with a small build. A $20,000 reward is being offered in this case. To report a tip, call your local FBI field office. To see the surveillance video, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes