National Cyber Security Awareness Month
October 2, 2014
As Americans’ use of the Internet and reliance on technology increases, so does the cyber threat. That’s one reason why the Bureau is joining its partners in promoting October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI says as Americans’ use of the Internet and reliance on technology increases, so does the cyber threat. That’s one reason why the Bureau is joining its partners in promoting October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
Robert Anderson: The cyber threat is higher than it’s ever been to the United States in private sector corporations, to the public, and also to the United States Intelligence Community. The threats that are posed by the cyber actors in today’s day and age are much greater, much more sophisticated.
Halpern: That was Robert Anderson, the executive assistant director of the FBI’s Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch. Spies, organized crime groups, terrorists, and hacktivists use the Internet to steal our secrets, identities, and money. They even put our critical infrastructure at risk.
Anderson: For this reason, we have put a great emphasis on making cyber a number one priority in the FBI. Obviously, counterterrorism is something that we’re always going to look at and will be a priority, but cyber is something that we want to establish a firm foothold in the United States as a leader in cyber investigations.
Halpern: To learn more about the cyber threat and how to protect yourself, visit www.fbi.gov. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social