High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group
January 28, 2016
As the terrorism threat evolves, an FBI-led group is continuously working to collect actionable intelligence to protect national security.
Mollie Halpern: As the terrorism threat evolves, an FBI-led group is continuously working to collect actionable intelligence to protect national security.
The High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group, or the HIG, is a cooperative effort between the FBI, the CIA, the Department of Defense, and other government agencies. Frazier Thompson, IV is the director…
Frazier R. Thompson: I think it’s important for American people to know that there are highly capable, experienced, dedicated individuals working on their behalf around the clock to keep them safe and secure.
Halpern: Mobile Interrogation Teams, or MITs, are deployed worldwide at a moment’s notice to lawfully conduct interrogations with those who have information that will help the U.S. identify and thwart terror attacks and emerging threats. MITs use interrogation techniques derived from the HIG’s scientific research program.
Thompson: Science has shown us that the non-coercive, non-threatening, rapport-based techniques will elicit more credible information quicker than any of the harsher techniques. That’s all the HIG uses is rapport-based techniques.
Halpern: The HIG shares best practices through its training of partner law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Learn more at www.fbi.gov. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 01.19.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
- 01.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Organized Retail Crime Can Create Health Dangers for Consumers
- 01.05.2017 — FBI, This Week: Highway Serial Killings Initiative
- 12.29.2016 — FBI, This Week: Report Border Corruption
- 12.23.2016 — Se Busca por el FBI: Robert Francis Van Wisse en la Lista de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados