Cyberspace for Everyone - II
December 11, 2009
The FBI’s priorities include counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and cyber crimes. Shawn Henry is the assistant director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI’s priorities include counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and cyber crimes. Shawn Henry is the assistant director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Mr. Henry: “A lot of crime that we’ve seen historically has migrated to the network because the business of the world is now done on the Internet.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says cyber attacks cost more than you can imagine.
Mr. Henry: “You know there are consultancies that have estimated the annual cost of crime on the Internet in terms of pilfered data and lost business opportunities and the cost to remediate networks after they have been damaged in the hundreds of billions of dollars annually.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says cyber thieves got into the Royal Bank of Scotland and stole $10 million.
Mr. Henry: “They stole account information, they were able to decrypt pin information, and they manufactured fake ATM cards, or debit cards.”
Mr. Schiff: Be sure you take every precaution at home and work when on the Internet. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera