Cyberspace for Everyone - II
December 11, 2009
The FBI’s priorities include counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and cyber crimes. Shawn Henry is the assistant director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI’s priorities include counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and cyber crimes. Shawn Henry is the assistant director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Mr. Henry: “A lot of crime that we’ve seen historically has migrated to the network because the business of the world is now done on the Internet.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says cyber attacks cost more than you can imagine.
Mr. Henry: “You know there are consultancies that have estimated the annual cost of crime on the Internet in terms of pilfered data and lost business opportunities and the cost to remediate networks after they have been damaged in the hundreds of billions of dollars annually.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says cyber thieves got into the Royal Bank of Scotland and stole $10 million.
Mr. Henry: “They stole account information, they were able to decrypt pin information, and they manufactured fake ATM cards, or debit cards.”
Mr. Schiff: Be sure you take every precaution at home and work when on the Internet. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 05.17.2018 — FBI, This Week: Partnership with NCMEC Helps Protect Children
- 05.10.2018 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2017 Statistics Released
- 05.10.2018 — FBI, This Week: Honoring Fallen Heroes
- 05.10.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Según Informes, las Incidencias de Agresiones Sexuales en los Aviones Están Aumentando
- 05.03.2018 — FBI, This Week: Scammers Switch Gears in Online Vehicle Fraud