Cyberspace for Everyone - I
December 4, 2009
There are all sorts of great things on the Internet, and there are some pitfalls as well. But can someone or some group just shut down the Internet?
Mr. Schiff: There are all sorts of great things on the Internet, and there are some pitfalls as well. But can someone or some group just shut down the Internet?
Mr. Henry: “To take down the Internet and make the Internet cease to exist, that’s a bit of a stretch.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Shawn Henry. He’s the assistant director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Mr. Henry: “The Internet is really made up of hundreds of thousands of interconnected networks.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says it’s come to where many of us are putting our lives and business in cyberspace.
Mr. Henry: “People’s personal information, corporate secrets, corporate strategies, government information related to research and development, those sorts of things, are all vulnerable.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says everyone has a role in keeping the Internet safe.
Mr. Henry: “The users, its governments, law enforcement, etc., the private sector. It’s so important that everybody recognize that.”
Mr. Schiff: Find Internet safety tips for kids and parents at FBI.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau on the 1,000th edition of “FBI, This Week.”
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes