Cyberspace for Everyone - I
December 4, 2009
There are all sorts of great things on the Internet, and there are some pitfalls as well. But can someone or some group just shut down the Internet?
Mr. Schiff: There are all sorts of great things on the Internet, and there are some pitfalls as well. But can someone or some group just shut down the Internet?
Mr. Henry: “To take down the Internet and make the Internet cease to exist, that’s a bit of a stretch.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s Shawn Henry. He’s the assistant director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Mr. Henry: “The Internet is really made up of hundreds of thousands of interconnected networks.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says it’s come to where many of us are putting our lives and business in cyberspace.
Mr. Henry: “People’s personal information, corporate secrets, corporate strategies, government information related to research and development, those sorts of things, are all vulnerable.”
Mr. Schiff: Henry says everyone has a role in keeping the Internet safe.
Mr. Henry: “The users, its governments, law enforcement, etc., the private sector. It’s so important that everybody recognize that.”
Mr. Schiff: Find Internet safety tips for kids and parents at FBI.gov. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau on the 1,000th edition of “FBI, This Week.”
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera
- 05.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Police Week 2017