Scammed by a Lawyer - III
May 9, 2008
A trash check leads to a prison term. FBI Special Agent Lisa Gentilcore worked on a case of a man illegally selling thermal imaging and infrared technology overseas. Part of the investigation was checking the subject's trash, much of which was in pieces...
Mr. Schiff: A trash check leads to a prison term. FBI Special Agent Lisa Gentilcore worked on a case of a man illegally selling thermal imaging and infrared technology overseas. Part of the investigation was checking the subject's trash, much of which was in pieces...
Ms. Gentilcore: "It was basically a big puzzle and we had to put it all back together. The one additional element here was that it was all in Chinese for the most part."
Mr. Schiff: Gentilcore says this find was key...
Ms. Gentilcore: "Sent them to our translation center here in San Francisco and then let the linguists do their work and when they sent it back to us, we realized that we had really found an incredible source of evidence."
Mr. Schiff: Gentilcore says that a jury trial ended in a hung jury and that later he reached a guilty plea...
Ms. Gentilcore: "As part of a plea agreement he actually pleaded guilty to brokering the illegal export of a specific type of camera to the People's Republic of China."
Mr. Schiff: The man was fined $50,000 and sentenced to two-years in federal prison. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 07.21.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Se Ofrece Recompensa en la Investigación del Homicidio de Maurice Spagnoletti
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito
- 07.17.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 07.14.2017 — Gotcha: Couple Sentenced in Massive Health Care Fraud Scheme