Scammed by a Lawyer - II
April 25, 2008
This is a case of greed. Clients ripped off by a lawyer. FBI Special Agent Brian Weber found the subject spent client's money for personal reasons
Mr. Schiff: This is a case of greed. Clients ripped off by a lawyer. FBI Special Agent Brian Weber found the subject spent client's money for personal reasons
Mr. Weber: "Lavish vacations. Mortgage on his mansion overlooking the San Francisco Bay. A 73-foot yacht that the individual owned. Expensive meals. That money was then gone and it was unable to be paid back to the clients."
Mr. Schiff: Weber says clients didn't get their settlement money…
Mr. Weber: "The defendant would then take that money, spend part of it on personal reasons, and spend part it to pay back the clients who's money had been taken earlier in the case."
Mr. Schiff: Lots of victims and millions of dollars. On arrest day, Weber says FBI Agents and area police drove to the lawyer's house. Weber called him…
Mr. Weber: "And explained that we had an indictment; that we were all waiting outside and I asked him to please come outside because he was going to be placed under arrest. The defendant complied."
Mr. Schiff: It's 14 years in prison for the lawyer. A jury convicted him on six counts of Mail Fraud and nine counts of Money Laundering. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List