Panama Jack Robber - II
September 19, 2008
Bank robbers wear all kinds of stuff. This particular bank robber wore a large, Panama-style hat with a large, oval-brim and black band around the center. And this was in Chicago...
Mr. Schiff: Bank robbers wear all kinds of stuff. This particular bank robber wore a large, Panama-style hat with a large, oval-brim and black band around the center. And this was in Chicago...
Mr. Rice: "Very unique. You don’t see very many of these in Chicago.”
Mr. Schiff: Ross Rice, a Special Agent at the Chicago FBI office, talking about the Panama Jack Robber...
Mr. Rice: "Obviously he was wearing the hat in an apparent attempt to conceal his identity, thinking that the brim would drop down and cover all or most of his face, but fortunately that didn’t happen.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says no one was hurt at any of his many hold ups...
Mr. Rice: "In each one of the incidents that he’s responsible for, the bank employee did, in fact, provide money and the robber then escaped on foot, disappearing into the passing crowd.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says the bank robber was caught when a Chicago police officer made a routine traffic stop. Later the officer heard a police call with a description of a wanted man with a big hat and called it in...
Mr. Rice: "He provided that information to his detectives who in turn contacted our office. Our Violent Crimes Task Force investigated further.”
Mr. Schiff: Identification was later made and the Panama Jack Robber was arrested and later sentenced. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 07.21.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Se Ofrece Recompensa en la Investigación del Homicidio de Maurice Spagnoletti
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito
- 07.17.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 07.14.2017 — Gotcha: Couple Sentenced in Massive Health Care Fraud Scheme