Panama Jack Robber - I
September 12, 2008
A bank robber with a big hat. He was in Chicago stealing money and FBI Special Agent Ross Rice says the FBI and police eventually found him...
Mr. Schiff: A bank robber with a big hat. He was in Chicago stealing money and FBI Special Agent Ross Rice says the FBI and police eventually found him...
Mr. Rice: "During the period of February through December of 2006, an individual that we had dubbed Panama Jack Robber, committed the armed robbery of at least 10 banks in the Chicago area.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says the thief wore quite an interesting hat during the hold ups...
Mr. Rice: "We dubbed him the Panama Jack Robber because of the very unique and distinctive Panama-style cap, or hat, that he wore during just about every one of the robberies.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says you don’t see too many hats like this in the Chicago area...
Mr. Rice: " The hat was a large, oval-brimmed hat; looked like a straw hat from the photos, with a large black band around the center of it.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says the guy with the big hat worked alone inside the banks...
Mr. Rice: "He claimed that he was armed with a weapon and threatened the bank employee with harm if his demands for cash were not met.”
Mr. Schiff: The Panama Jack Robber was sent to prison after being caught and convicted. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 12.07.2018 — FBI, This Week: High School Class Collaborates with FBI Profilers
- 11.30.2018 — FBI, This Week: The Visiting Scientist Program
- 11.28.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Iranians Indicted for SamSam Ransomware Hacking and Extortion Scheme
- 11.27.2018 — Elder Fraud Telemarketing Scam Call Recording
- 11.21.2018 — FBI, This Week: Tribal Engagement Program Increases Participants