Corrupt Politician - II
October 10, 2008
The word was there was some corruption in the Tennessee State House. FBI Special Agent Howard Marshall in Memphis says one case was called Tennessee Waltz with lots of evidence found...
Mr. Schiff: The word was there was some corruption in the Tennessee State House. FBI Special Agent Howard Marshall in Memphis says one case was called Tennessee Waltz with lots of evidence found...
Mr. Marshall: "Hours of consensually recorded phone calls, audio and video taped meetings between undercover agents and state senators and other elected officials.”
Mr. Schiff: Marshall says one state senator denied any illegal involvement in shady deals or bribes...
Mr. Marshall: "The senator involved in that case did absolutely nothing for the fee that he received except act in his official capacity as a committee chairman.”
Mr. Schiff: Marshall says he always had a reason for his actions...
Mr. Marshall: "His defense was always that he was doing legitimate consultant work and there was absolutely zero evidence that he ever did anything except change his vote as committee chairman.”
Mr. Schiff: Prison terms for those convicted in actually two cases; charges ranged from wire fraud to bribery to health care fraud. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division
- 09.16.2016 — FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
- 09.09.2016 — FBI This Week: Leveraging Linguists for FBI Investigations