Corrupt Politician - I
October 3, 2008
He was a corrupt state senator. And FBI Special Agents arrested him at a hotel across the street from the State Capitol in Nashville, Tennessee...
Mr. Schiff: He was a corrupt state senator. And FBI Special Agents arrested him at a hotel across the street from the State Capitol in Nashville, Tennessee...
Mr. Marshall: "When he got off the elevator, Agents stepped up to him, identified themselves, explained what was going on, and put him in handcuffs."
Mr. Schiff: That's FBI Agent Howard Marshall in Memphis...
Mr. Marshall: "He immediately told the Agents he wasn't going to make a statement and refused to make a statement."
Mr. Schiff: Marshall says undercover operations were used along with a fictitious company...
Mr. Marshall: "We discovered that Tennessee public officials were for sale."
Mr. Schiff: Marshall says this case, called Tennessee Waltz, included some get togethers...
Mr. Marshall: "We would dinners and meetings to kind of further our fictitious interests of our company and politicians that we did not even invite would show up and make themselves available."
Mr. Schiff: The Tennessee Waltz case and later a big Health Care Fraud case led to numerous convictions and lengthy prison terms. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social