All Star Bank Bandit - II
September 5, 2008
There are all kinds of bank robbers. Special Agent Ross Rice at the FBI’s Chicago office knows...
Mr. Schiff: There are all kinds of bank robbers. Special Agent Ross Rice at the FBI’s Chicago office knows...
Mr. Rice: "We have a lot of banks robbed here in Chicago and many times the offenders are wearing baseball caps. But the one that’s been the most prolific to us is an individual that we dubbed the All Star Bandit.”
Mr. Schiff: In 2003 Major League Baseball held its All Star Game at the Chicago White Sox home park. Rice says the All Star Bandit wore caps of different big-league teams as he held up some nine banks that year...
Mr. Rice: "His M.O. was pretty straight-forward; he’d enter the bank wearing one of these baseball caps; sometimes he would have sunglasses. But that was the extent that he went to try and conceal his identity and avoid detection by law enforcement.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says a tip to Chicago Police led to the armed robber’s capture...
Mr. Rice: "Said that they had been out with somebody who had been boasting about this robbery and talking about it and provided information which was eventually forwarded to our office and our Violent Crimes Task Force was able to make an arrest.”
Mr. Schiff: The All Star Bandit was convicted and sent to prison. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week."
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative