All Star Bank Bandit - I
August 29, 2008
A bank robber with the title All Star Bandit. That’s who was robbing banks a few years ago...
Mr. Schiff: A bank robber with the title All Star Bandit. That’s who was robbing banks a few years ago...
Mr. Rice: "The robberies that he committed took place in 2003 both before and after the Chicago White Sox hosted the all star game, for Major League Baseball, at Cellular One Field here in Chicago.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Special Agent Ross Rice in Chicago...
Mr. Rice: "Added to that was the fact that he wore baseball caps from different major league teams during almost every one of his robberies.”
Mr. Schiff: Rice says there wasn’t any violence and no one was hurt during these holdups...
Mr. Rice: "He would approach a teller; he would display a handgun which he would carry with him in a coat pocket or tucked into his pants. He would announce a robbery, demand cash and threaten the bank employees with harm if his demands were not met.”
Mr. Schiff: The robber was caught because a citizen called police with a tip. The FBI and Chicago Police then arrested the All Star Bandit. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's the FBI's Closed Case of the Week.
- 03.22.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: FBI Cautions Consumers About Tax-Related Crimes
- 03.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Be on the Lookout for Tax-Related Fraud
- 03.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Seeking Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo on Anniversary of Consulate Murders
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo