Lorrie John Trites
April 24, 2015
The FBI is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of the former head coach of the swim teams at a Pennsylvania college.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of the former head coach of the swim teams at a Pennsylvania college. Lorrie John Trites is wanted for allegedly making recordings of female swimmers as they changed their clothes in the locker room at Franklin and Marshall College.
FBI Special Agent: He recorded all of his victims without their permission, and some of the victims were as young as 13. It’s a huge violation of trust.
Halpern: That was the FBI case agent. Trites was also the founder of the Trident Aquatic Club in Lancaster County. USA Swimming banned Trites for life. Trites was also the golf coach at the college.
FBI Special Agent: It’s possible that he still is involved in swimming, it’s possible he is involved in the business of golf. He could be involved in anything at this point.
Halpern: Trites took off 16 years ago is likely using aliases like John Trites, John Morgan, or Buddy. What he can’t change is his height—he is very tall at 6’7".
FBI Special Agent: He has ties to numerous states—New Mexico, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, to name a few.
Halpern: Trites also has ties to Trinidad and the Bahamas. Report tips to your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
|Transcript | Download|
- 05.25.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released