FBI and San Diego Sheriff’s Department Seek Public’s Assistance to Identify Citibank Robber
|FBI San Diego December 03, 2013|
The FBI and San Diego Sheriff’s Department are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the unknown male responsible for robbing the Citibank branch located at 113 North El Camino Real in Encinitas, California, on Tuesday, December 3, 2013.
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at approximately 12:30 p.m. the Citibank branch located at 113 North El Camino Real in Encinitas, California, was robbed by an armed unknown male. At the time of the robbery, the robber entered the bank, approached the victim teller, lifted his shirt, and revealed a handgun tucked in his waistband. After displaying the weapon, the robber made a verbal demand for money and ordered the teller to place the money inside of a dark colored cosmetic case. After receiving a sum of money, the robber walked towards the exit door, stopped, turned around, and told a bank employee he did not want to harm anyone. The robber then left in an unknown direction.
Witnesses describe the robber as follows:
- Sex: Male
- Race: Hispanic
- Eyes: Brown
- Age: Late 50s to early 60s
- Height: Approximately 6’0" to 6’1” tall
- Build: Thin to medium
- Weight: Approximately 190 to 200 lbs.
- Hair: Unshaven, color unknown
- Other: Faded tattoo approximately one inch in length (possibly of a bird) but did have something described as a wing on left side of neck
- Clothing: White baseball type cap, blue jeans, dark colored long-sleeved button downed jacket or shirt, and white tennis shoes
Bank surveillance photographs from the Citibank, located at 113 North El Camino Real, Encinitas, California, on Tuesday, December 3, 2013:
This robber should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information concerning this robbery is asked to contact the FBI at telephone number (858) 320-1800 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 540-8477.