FBI Norfolk Requests Public’s Assistance to Identify Armed Bank Robbers
|FBI Norfolk December 12, 2013|
Updated January 7, 2014, at 4:00 p.m. EST to include surveillance photos from three of the robberies.
The Norfolk Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), along with the Chesapeake Police Department and Virginia Beach Police Department, requests the public’s assistance with identifying subjects believed to be responsible for a series of armed bank robberies from January 11, 2011 to October 23, 2013, in two cities. The bank robberies occurred on the following dates:
- January 11, 2011: Bank of America, 3333 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach
- November 4, 2011: Bank of America, 3333 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach
- April 13, 2012: BB&T, 1300 North Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach
- May 9, 2012: Bank of America, 1125 Nimmo Parkway, Virginia Beach
- September 18, 2012: Bank of America, 4616 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach
- January 15, 2013: Wells Fargo Bank, 5284 Providence Road, Virginia Beach
- May 10, 2013: Wells Fargo Bank, 5284 Providence Road, Virginia Beach
- August 7, 2013: Wells Fargo Bank, 2677 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach
- January 11, 2012: Wells Fargo Bank, 111 Gainsborough Square, Chesapeake
- March 19, 2012: BB&T, 825 Volvo Parkway, Chesapeake
- October 24, 2013: Wells Fargo Bank, 821 N. Battlefield Boulevard, Chesapeake
The unknown males are described as possibly Caucasian, Hispanic ,or light-skinned African American males, late 20s to mid-30s, 5’6” to 5’10” tall, and approximately 170 pounds.
|March 19, 2012 BB&T robbery
|May 9, 2012 Bank of America robbery
|September 18, 2012 Bank of America robbery
Anyone with information regarding one or more of these bank robberies or the suspects involved should call the Norfolk FBI Office at (757) 455-0100. Members of the public should consider the subjects armed and extremely dangerous and should not attempt to approach or apprehend them.
A press conference is being held by Norfolk FBI Special Agent in Charge Royce E. Curtin to announce a combined reward of up to $25,000 that is being offered by the FBI and the financial industry for information leading directly to the arrest and conviction of the individuals responsible for these robberies.
The press conference is scheduled for today, December 12, 2013, beginning at 11:00 a.m., at the Norfolk Division of the FBI, 509 Resource Row, Chesapeake, Virginia.
Due to increased security of the Norfolk FBI Building, all members of the media who wish to attend the press conference must provide proper identification and present valid credentials to FBI security.
- We kindly ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes early to allow sufficient time for security processing.
- Personal cell phones will not be permitted in the building.
- All members of the media will be escorted in and throughout the building.
- Only television cameras and microphones will be allowed, unless specific accommodations have been made for other recording devices.