Wanted by the FBI: Igor Olegovich Turashev
December 17, 2019
A Russian national who is allegedly behind a decade-long cybercrime spree is wanted by the FBI.
Mollie Halpern: A Russian national who is allegedly behind a decade-long cybercrime spree is wanted by the FBI.
Igor Turashev was indicted for his role in the deployment of the Dridex malware variants, which are designed to steal personal and financial information.
Supervisory Special Agent Steven Lampo says Dridex remains a threat…
Steven Lampo: So they can steal people’s passwords, the credentials for their bank accounts, basically anything that’s being transmitted from a computer through a web browser. They can steal any of that. And so the goal is to obtain information in order to get into somebody’s bank account.
Halpern: Lampo describes Turashev’s role...
Steve Lampo: Turashev is really the technical brains of the operation. He makes sure that all their infrastructure runs and does what it’s supposed to, which is to infect computers and steal money.
Halpern: Turashev is associated with Maksim Yakubets, who is the alleged leader of one of the most sophisticated organized cybercrime syndicates in the world.
Turashev and his co-conspirators targeted victims in the United States and worldwide. Their malware conspiracy resulted in tens of millions of dollars in losses.
Report tips online at tips.fbi.gov or dial 1-800-CALL FBI.
With Wanted by the FBI, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.26.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA - Tagalog (FBI Los Angeles)
- 02.04.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 01.21.2020 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Ley de Protección de las Víctimas de la Trata de Personas
- 01.21.2020 — FBI, This Week: 2019 Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report Released
- 01.16.2020 — Se Busca por el FBI: Jose Arturo Navarrete, Jr.