The AK-47 Bandit
March 29, 2012
The FBI needs your help to identify a fugitive who shot a police officer with an AK-47-style assault rifle after he allegedly robbed a bank.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help to identify a fugitive who shot a police officer with an AK-47-style assault rifle after he allegedly robbed a bank.
Don Roberts: This bank robber poses a significant threat.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI. The following is a threatening 911 call to the Chino, California Police Department prior to the robbery.
Dispatcher: 911 emergency, what are you reporting?
Caller: I have a bomb…this is not a drill, you hear me?
Halpern: Supervisory Special Agent Don Roberts says the call was a diversionary tactic so the man could rob the California Bank and Trust back on February 29. After getting away with cash, he came by a police officer patrolling the area.
Roberts: The unknown bank robber immediately started firing into the police car.
Halpern: The suspect is linked to another robbery in Vacaville and an attempted robbery in Sacramento earlier this month. He used a Nissan Maxima as his getaway car.
A reward of up to $20,000 is available for information leading to the man’s arrest. To report a tip, call your local FBI office. For surveillance photos, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 12.08.2016 — FBI, This Week: Don't Be a Puppet - Pull Back the Curtain on Violent Extremism
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos