Seeking Information in Ripken Abduction Case
August 3, 2012
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about the unknown man who abducted Violet Ripken, the mother of Hall of Fame infielder Cal Ripken, Jr.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about the unknown man who abducted Violet Ripken, the mother of Hall of Fame infielder Cal Ripken, Jr.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Armed with a handgun, the man took the 74-year-old from her home in Aberdeen, Maryland on July 24th.
FBI spokesperson in the Bureau’s Baltimore Division Richard Wolf says the man put Ms. Ripken in the backseat of her own vehicle—a 1998 silver Lincoln Town Car.
Richard Wolf: After he abducted Ms. Ripken, he bound her and made sure that her glasses were blocked so that she could not see him.
Halpern: The man drove Ms. Ripken around the Baltimore area for about a day before he returned her home. Investigation led law enforcement to several locations, including a large retail store where the man was caught on surveillance tape.
Wolf: If anyone recognizes this individual, please call your local police or FBI with that information.
Halpern: To see the surveillance video and a composite sketch, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative
- 07.26.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Hogan’s Alley—El Pueblo Más Malo en América
- 07.21.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Se Ofrece Recompensa en la Investigación del Homicidio de Maurice Spagnoletti
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito