Sara Boehm and Kathryn Menendez
April 29, 2009
Murder case of Sara Boehm and Kathryn Menendez.
Mr. Schiff: Hi. This is Wanted by the FBI, from the FBI. This week we look at a two-state case. A 14-year-old girl from Western Pennsylvania went missing in 1994, and a month later a 17-year-old girl from Ohio went missing. Special Agent Tom Carter of the FBI’s Pittsburgh office…
Mr. Carter: “Both girls were found dead in a park—Berlin Reservoir—located in Portage County, Ohio.”
Mr. Schiff: Authorities don’t know how Sara Rae Boehm and Kathryn Menendez ended up in the Northeast Ohio park. Carter says these murders may be related.
Mr. Carter: “We don’t believe it’s a coincidence that two teenage girls were found in this park; the crime scenes are similar.”
Mr. Schiff: Carter says Sarah Boehm’s parents reported her missing.
Mr. Carter: “She was supposed to go to a friend’s house but never showed up at that friend’s house.”
Mr. Schiff: Kathryn Menendez didn’t live too far from the Berlin Reservoir Park. Carter says if you hear anyone talking about this case a lot, call the FBI.
Mr. Carter: “Anyone that seems concerned about it; that they continue to talk about it to others.”
Mr. Schiff: See pictures of the teens and more information at FBI.gov. That’s Wanted by the FBI for this week. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau’s Office of Public Affairs.
- 02.26.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA - Tagalog (FBI Los Angeles)
- 02.04.2020 — Kingdom of Jesus Christ PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 01.21.2020 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Ley de Protección de las Víctimas de la Trata de Personas
- 01.21.2020 — FBI, This Week: 2019 Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report Released
- 01.16.2020 — Se Busca por el FBI: Jose Arturo Navarrete, Jr.