July 25, 2013
The FBI needs your help hunting down a fugitive wanted for international cyber crime schemes.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI needs your help hunting down a fugitive wanted for international cyber crime schemes.
Peteris Sahurovs, who has used the screen name Sagade, defrauded Internet users of millions of dollars.
Robert Cameron: Peteris utilized all his social engineering and Internet skills to defraud a multitude of U.S. companies.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is Wanted by the FBI. Sahurovs, a native of Latvia, created false websites and references to portray himself as a legitimate salesman for an online advertising agency. Special Agent Bob Cameron says Sahurovs placed ads on websites, but then…
Cameron: He replaced the picture of the ad with an infection, and this infection was fraudulent anti-virus software.
Halpern: The infection froze computers until users agreed to purchase anti-virus software.
Cameron: Not only did he defraud U.S. companies, he facilitated attacks against individuals.
Halpern: If you have information on Sahurovs’ whereabouts, contact your local FBI field office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. To report Internet crime, visit www.ic3.gov.
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Statistics Released - Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2015
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country X
- 10.14.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Aprovechamiento de los Lingüistas en las Investigaciones del FBI
- 10.14.2016 — FBI, This Week: Social Engineering
- 10.06.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Alfonso Diaz-Juarez