The Inspection Division
August 29, 2014
The FBI ensures it preserves the integrity of its investigative, financial, and administrative programs through its Inspection Division.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI ensures it preserves the integrity of its investigative, financial, and administrative programs through its Inspection Division.
Tracy Paige: The standard that we hold ourselves to should be unimpeachable.
Halpern: The FBI has self-imposed policy and guidelines for conducting investigations and operations—all while protecting civil rights. The internal policies and guidelines often hold us to a stricter standard than what the Department of Justice mandates by law. The Inspection Division makes sure the FBI works within all of the set parameters in a transparent, fair and impartial process. Section Chief Tracy Paige says holding ourselves accountable is who we are as an organization.
Paige: Every FBI employee takes an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, and we take that seriously—and we want to ensure that all our employees continue to do so—so we maintain the integrity we have had through the last hundred years.
Halpern: From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 12.20.2018 — FBI, This Week: Remembering the Victims of Pan Am Flight 103
- 12.13.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 NIBRS Crime Data Released
- 12.07.2018 — FBI, This Week: High School Class Collaborates with FBI Profilers
- 11.30.2018 — FBI, This Week: The Visiting Scientist Program
- 11.28.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Iranians Indicted for SamSam Ransomware Hacking and Extortion Scheme