The Inspection Division
August 29, 2014
The FBI ensures it preserves the integrity of its investigative, financial, and administrative programs through its Inspection Division.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI ensures it preserves the integrity of its investigative, financial, and administrative programs through its Inspection Division.
Tracy Paige: The standard that we hold ourselves to should be unimpeachable.
Halpern: The FBI has self-imposed policy and guidelines for conducting investigations and operations—all while protecting civil rights. The internal policies and guidelines often hold us to a stricter standard than what the Department of Justice mandates by law. The Inspection Division makes sure the FBI works within all of the set parameters in a transparent, fair and impartial process. Section Chief Tracy Paige says holding ourselves accountable is who we are as an organization.
Paige: Every FBI employee takes an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, and we take that seriously—and we want to ensure that all our employees continue to do so—so we maintain the integrity we have had through the last hundred years.
Halpern: From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division
- 09.16.2016 — FBI, This Week: The FBI’s Strategy to Combat the Evolving Terror Threat
- 09.09.2016 — FBI This Week: Leveraging Linguists for FBI Investigations