Terrorism in 1920
May 9, 2008
Terrorism in the United States in 1920. And it happened on Wall Street…
Mr. Schiff: Terrorism in the United States in 1920. And it happened on Wall Street…
Mr. Fox: "On the morning of September 16th, a driver parked his cart on the side of the street, right across from the Public Assay Offices and the JP Morgan building."
Mr. Schiff: FBI Historian Dr. John Fox...
Mr. Fox: "And within moments it blew up killing more than 30 people and injuring hundreds."
Mr. Schiff: The cart's driver escaped into a large crowd. Fox says the FBI, then called the Bureau of Investigation, arrived on the scene with other police agencies...
Mr. Fox: "New York Police Department, Secret Service and many other agencies were involved trying to track down leads across the country."
Mr. Schiff: Fox says an early act of terrorism it was...
Mr. Fox: "Actually evidence was found at the scene that the likely perpetrators were anarchists who believed that all government should be overthrown. In fact, they had been responsible for several bombings the year before as well and so the Bureau had been working hard to try and figure out who they were."
Mr. Schiff: The FBI's top priority today is Counterterrorism. I'm Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that's what's happening at the "FBI, This Week."
- 11.16.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Assistance in Hania Aguilar Kidnapping Investigation
- 11.15.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2017 Hate Crime Statistics Released
- 11.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: Serving with STEM
- 11.07.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Search Intensifies for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Greg Carlson
- 11.02.2018 — FBI, This Week: FBI Combats Chinese Economic Espionage as Part of New Initiative