Super Bowl Sunday Security 2013
January 31, 2013
The San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens are getting ready for Super Bowl XLVII…and so is the FBI.
Mollie Halpern: The San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens are getting ready for Super Bowl XLVII…and so is the FBI.
Todd Cox: It is the most widely watched one-day event, and so with that comes a lot of security concerns.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI takes the role as the lead federal agency for counterterrorism efforts leading up to and during the big game. The FBI is partnering with nearly 60 other law enforcement agencies to make sure the event is a safe one. Todd Cox, the assistant special agent in charge of the FBI New Orleans Division, says the FBI is in command of the Joint Operations Center.
Cox: Joint Operations Center is the nerve center for the security aspect of the Super Bowl, and that’s where all our liaison partners sit to monitor the event, any type of intelligence that comes up during the event, and—if need be—would investigate any incidents that happen during the event itself.
Halpern: For more, visit www.fbi.gov
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program