Super Bowl Security 2012
February 2, 2012
This NFL season all comes down to Super Bowl XLVI, but the FBI and its law enforcement partners have been preparing for this year’s big game for several seasons…
Mollie Halpern: This NFL season all comes down to Super Bowl XLVI, but the FBI and its law enforcement partners have been preparing for this year’s big game for several seasons…
Danny Barkley: Planning for this Super Bowl really began approximately two-and-a-half years ago.
Mollie Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. The NFL is offering new programs and events this year leading up to the Super Bowl. Forty-five federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies are there to protect the public. Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis Field Office Danny Barkley says they team up at the FBI’s Joint Operations Center, or JOC…
Barkley: The Joint Operations Center during a special event like this is in a watch mode—watching specifically for a terrorist-related event.
Halpern: If intelligence requires the FBI to become operational, everything is already in place at the JOC.
Barkley: We have exercised just about every contingency we can possibly think of to provide for their safety and security.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera
- 05.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Police Week 2017