Super Bowl Security 2012
February 2, 2012
This NFL season all comes down to Super Bowl XLVI, but the FBI and its law enforcement partners have been preparing for this year’s big game for several seasons…
Mollie Halpern: This NFL season all comes down to Super Bowl XLVI, but the FBI and its law enforcement partners have been preparing for this year’s big game for several seasons…
Danny Barkley: Planning for this Super Bowl really began approximately two-and-a-half years ago.
Mollie Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. The NFL is offering new programs and events this year leading up to the Super Bowl. Forty-five federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies are there to protect the public. Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis Field Office Danny Barkley says they team up at the FBI’s Joint Operations Center, or JOC…
Barkley: The Joint Operations Center during a special event like this is in a watch mode—watching specifically for a terrorist-related event.
Halpern: If intelligence requires the FBI to become operational, everything is already in place at the JOC.
Barkley: We have exercised just about every contingency we can possibly think of to provide for their safety and security.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes