Super Bowl Security 2012
February 2, 2012
This NFL season all comes down to Super Bowl XLVI, but the FBI and its law enforcement partners have been preparing for this year’s big game for several seasons…
Mollie Halpern: This NFL season all comes down to Super Bowl XLVI, but the FBI and its law enforcement partners have been preparing for this year’s big game for several seasons…
Danny Barkley: Planning for this Super Bowl really began approximately two-and-a-half years ago.
Mollie Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. The NFL is offering new programs and events this year leading up to the Super Bowl. Forty-five federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies are there to protect the public. Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Indianapolis Field Office Danny Barkley says they team up at the FBI’s Joint Operations Center, or JOC…
Barkley: The Joint Operations Center during a special event like this is in a watch mode—watching specifically for a terrorist-related event.
Halpern: If intelligence requires the FBI to become operational, everything is already in place at the JOC.
Barkley: We have exercised just about every contingency we can possibly think of to provide for their safety and security.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 04.24.2018 — Se Busca Por el FBI: Rafael Caro Quintero ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 04.20.2018 — FBI, This Week: The Director’s Community Leadership Awards
- 04.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: Tech Support Fraud Cases On the Rise