Special Agent Memorial
May 15, 2015
A service to remember FBI agents and professional staff who paid the ultimate sacrifice was held during National Police Week.
Mollie Halpern: One by one, the names of FBI special agents and professional staff who paid the ultimate sacrifice are read aloud during a memorial service in our nation’s capital. FBI Associate Deputy Director Kevin Perkins…
Kevin Perkins: They were dedicated public servants devoted to protecting their fellow Americans. They were committed to the rule of law and upholding the rights we so cherish.
Halpern: In the history of the FBI, 36 special agents—who are designated as service martyrs—have been killed as a result of adversarial action. Another 24 FBI agents and a professional staff employee lost their lives performing a law enforcement duty. FBI Director James Comey calls them true heroes.
Director James Comey: Today we draw more than just inspiration from the names and lives of those we have loved and lost—we also draw hope. Hope that the ideals for which they lived and died will endure long after we are gone. Hope that the justice they believed in will always triumph over lawlessness.
Halpern: Families of the fallen, all four former FBI Directors, Attorney General Loretta Lynch, and law enforcement partners from all levels attended the service. The service falls on National Police Week—a time to remember the 95 state and local law enforcement officers who died feloniously or accidentally while on the job in 2014. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 07.19.2018 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Speaks at Aspen Security Forum
- 07.19.2018 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Lanzó una Iniciativa Nacional Contra la Clonación de Tarjetas
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program