President Obama: Comey a “Remarkable New Leader”
November 1, 2013
At FBI Director James Comey’s installation ceremony at FBI Headquarters in Washington D.C., President Barack Obama expressed why Comey is the “perfect” man to lead the Bureau.
Mollie Halpern: At FBI Director James Comey’s installation ceremony at FBI Headquarters in Washington D.C., President Barack Obama expressed why Comey is the “perfect” man to lead the Bureau.
President Barack Obama: What gave me confidence that this was the right man for the job—it wasn’t his degrees, it wasn’t his résumé—it was in talking to him and seeing his amazing family, a sense that this is somebody who knows what’s right and what’s wrong and is willing to act on that basis every single day.
Halpern: Director James Comey….
Director James Comey: Fidelity, bravery, and integrity capture the essence of the FBI and its people. And they also explain why I am here. I wanted to be here to work alongside those people to represent them, to help them accomplish their mission.
Halpern: The president pledged he’d fight for the resources needed for the FBI to meet that mission.
Obama: The least we can do is make sure you’ve got the resources for it and that your operations are not disrupted because of politics in this town.
Halpern: Comey echoed a similar sentiment, saying the FBI must be independent of all political forces in this country.
I’m Mollie Halpern with FBI, This Week.
- 04.24.2017 — El FBI se parece a usted (En Español)
- 04.21.2017 — Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruiting Radio Ad
- 04.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bhadreshkumar Patel Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.12.2017 — FBI, This Week: Walter Yovany Gomez Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List