Playing it Safe: Super Bowl Security
January 30, 2014
About 80,000 fans will pack MetLife Stadium for the Super Bowl, and the FBI and its law enforcement partners are working to ensure game-goers will be safe.
Mollie Halpern: About 80,000 fans will pack MetLife Stadium for the Super Bowl, and the FBI and its law enforcement partners are working to ensure game-goers will be safe.
Aaron Ford: In my experience, this has been an unprecedented collaboration amongst the law enforcement agencies here in New Jersey.
Halpern: The FBI Newark Division and the New Jersey State Police are particularly practiced in providing tight security surrounding footballs games. Newark Special Agent in Charge Aaron Ford explains why…
Ford: Because of the fact that we have both the Giants and the Jets, that amounts to 16 home games that the FBI and the New Jersey State Police are at every Sunday.
Halpern: For the Super Bowl, FBI Newark’s Joint Operations Center is the nerve center for security—where the big game is monitored and where teams would be deployed if needed. In the Intelligence Operations Center, information is analyzed for threats with assistance from the Bureau’s offices located around the world.
Ford: We’re going to have agents, obviously, at the stadium; we’re going to have our SWAT team...along with the agents and analysts in our command post, we will have representatives from nearly every agency in New Jersey and any federal agency that you can imagine working on intelligence and providing that information to those entities that need to receive it.
Halpern: From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern with FBI, This Week.
- 03.22.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: FBI Cautions Consumers About Tax-Related Crimes
- 03.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Be on the Lookout for Tax-Related Fraud
- 03.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Seeking Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo on Anniversary of Consulate Murders
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo