Operation Red Dawn
May 20, 2011
More than 900 FBI agents and their law enforcement partners launched a large-scale takedown operation against the one of the most violent street gangs in Los Angeles
Mollie Halpern: More than 900 FBI agents and their law enforcement partners launched a large-scale takedown operation against the Black P Stone Bloods—one of the most violent street gangs in Los Angeles.
Jennifer Leonard: Their crimes include murder, assault, robberies, and narcotics and firearm sales.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and you’re listening to “FBI, This Week.” Operation Red Dawn is a culmination of a year-long investigation which ensnared nearly 100 gang members. Supervisory Special Agent Jennifer Leonard of the Bureau’s Safe Streets Task Force…
Leonard: We concentrated our investigative strategy on the hierarchy of the gang, known as the shot-callers, or the leaders, of the gang.
Halpern: The goal is two-fold; to decrease crime in the gang-controlled area known as “The Jungle”…
Leonard: As well as to return the streets to the community and the good citizens of that neighborhood
Halpern: The FBI is partnering with local law enforcement and other organizations in a long-term community recovery plan to revitalize the neighborhood.
- 02.24.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI-Led Task Forces Counter Threats Against Children
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App