Operation Cross Country VII
August 1, 2013
More than 100 children were recovered in an FBI-led, three-day undercover operation that targeted commercial child sex trafficking in 76 cities across the country.
Mollie Halpern: More than 100 children were recovered in an FBI-led, three-day undercover operation that targeted commercial child sex trafficking in 76 cities across the country.
Ronald T. Hosko: We also arrested 150 pimps who were prostituting both children and adult victims.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI, its local law enforcement partners, and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children conducted Operation Cross Country VII. It’s the largest-ever law enforcement action focused on the recovery of children victimized through prostitution. Ron Hosko is the assistant director of the Criminal Investigative Division.
Hosko: Child sex trafficking is both violent and unconscionable, and we want the subjects of these investigations to know that we are hunting them and push for their vigorous prosecution.
Halpern: John Ryan is the CEO of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
John Ryan: Operation Cross Country is saving lives and bringing to justice those who violently manipulate these children and sell them for sex.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Statistics Released - Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, 2015
- 10.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Operation Cross Country X
- 10.14.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Aprovechamiento de los Lingüistas en las Investigaciones del FBI
- 10.14.2016 — FBI, This Week: Social Engineering
- 10.06.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Alfonso Diaz-Juarez