Operation Cross Country VII
August 1, 2013
More than 100 children were recovered in an FBI-led, three-day undercover operation that targeted commercial child sex trafficking in 76 cities across the country.
Mollie Halpern: More than 100 children were recovered in an FBI-led, three-day undercover operation that targeted commercial child sex trafficking in 76 cities across the country.
Ronald T. Hosko: We also arrested 150 pimps who were prostituting both children and adult victims.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI, its local law enforcement partners, and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children conducted Operation Cross Country VII. It’s the largest-ever law enforcement action focused on the recovery of children victimized through prostitution. Ron Hosko is the assistant director of the Criminal Investigative Division.
Hosko: Child sex trafficking is both violent and unconscionable, and we want the subjects of these investigations to know that we are hunting them and push for their vigorous prosecution.
Halpern: John Ryan is the CEO of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
John Ryan: Operation Cross Country is saving lives and bringing to justice those who violently manipulate these children and sell them for sex.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social