New Bank Robbery Website
December 21, 2012
The FBI launches a new website targeting alleged bank robbers.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI launches a new website targeting alleged bank robbers.
Jason DiJoseph: The FBI investigates serial bank robbers and bank robbers with violent tendencies.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is FBI, This Week. The website includes bank robbery cases from the Bureau’s 56 field offices. The FBI encourages the public to visit the site in hopes someone will recognize a featured fugitive. Special Agent Jason DiJoseph, who runs the bank robbery program at FBI Headquarters, says the public could help law enforcement tie together serial bank robberies.
DiJoseph: You could have a serial bank robber that started his day in Boston and is going down to Atlanta and everyday hits a bank, and he’s so far away from the previous bank that you have the potential of not connecting the dots.
Halpern: The website includes surveillance photos, maps, and more.
DiJoseph: Contact your local FBI office and remain anonymous, and most occasions there is reward money.
Halpern: Visit the website at bankrobbers.fbi.gov
- 02.24.2017 — FBI, This Week: FBI-Led Task Forces Counter Threats Against Children
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 02.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: NCIC Enters its 50th Year
- 02.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Ruben Perez Rivera
- 02.09.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Launches FBI Wanted Mobile App