New Addition to FBI's Most Wanted Terrorists List
January 29, 2015
Liban Haji Mohamed, a taxicab driver who lived in Northern Virginia, is the newest addition to the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists list.
Mollie Halpern: A taxicab driver who lived in Northern Virginia is the newest addition to the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists list. Liban Haji Mohamed is wanted for providing material support and resources to al Shabaab—a designated terrorist organization with links to the al Qaeda network.
Carl Ghattas: He was a recruiter and a radicalizer for al Shabaab. Al Shabaab historically has targeted Westerners and has recruited Westerners to come to Somalia and fight for them.
Halpern: That was Carl Ghattas, special agent in charge of the Counterterrorism Division at the FBI’s Washington, D.C., Field Office. Ghattas says the Somali-born naturalized U.S. citizen left America in 2012 to train and fight with al Shabaab in East Africa.
Ghattas: So those are the types of individuals who are high on our list of people that we want to mitigate and disrupt. We want to make sure that people like him don’t end up coming back here to the United States unless they end up in jail.
Halpern: The FBI is offering an up to $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Mohamed. Report tips to your nearest FBI office or American Embassy or Consulate. With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 09.21.2017 — FBI, This Week: Office of Integrity and Compliance Marks 10th Anniversary
- 09.14.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Operational Support During Hurricanes
- 09.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: Director Christopher Wray Speaks at INSA Summit
- 09.01.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Charity Fraud in Wake of Hurricane Harvey
- 08.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Wellspring Expands