Money Launderer on the Run
May 15, 2009
The FBI is on the hunt for a 36-year-old Asian man who is wanted for laundering money through a credit union.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI is on the hunt for a 36-year-old Asian man who is wanted for laundering money through a credit union.
Mr. Siller: “ The fugitive is Tung Thanh Duong, and he’s wanted for conspiracy to commit money laundering .”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Special Agent Lamont Siller in Southeast Asia. He says Duong withdrew more than $400,000 and made transfers to another banking institution using an account he set up for a fake company.
Mr. Siller: “ The account holder notified the bank that they had not conducted or authorized that transaction .”
Mr. Schiff: Siller says Duong widened his laundering web.
Mr. Siller: " Additional wires were made to other bank accounts that were owned and operated, that we subsequently determined, by Thanh Duong. Those companies of those accounts were X-Y-Z companies, meaning that they did not conduct any legal business. ”
Mr. Schiff: Tung Thanh Duong has worked as a truck driver; he may be living in Viet Nam or Hong Kong. Check in at FBI.gov to see Duong’s wanted flyer. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week .”
- 12.01.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Marlon Jones
- 12.01.2016 — FBI, This Week: Marlon Jones Added to FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 11.23.2016 — FBI, This Week: Preventing Identity Theft
- 11.21.2016 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Iris, el Perro del FBI que Detecta Componentes Electrónicos
- 11.17.2016 — Inside the FBI: Unforgotten Justice - The Story of a Hate Crime Survivor