Money Launderer on the Run
May 15, 2009
The FBI is on the hunt for a 36-year-old Asian man who is wanted for laundering money through a credit union.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI is on the hunt for a 36-year-old Asian man who is wanted for laundering money through a credit union.
Mr. Siller: “ The fugitive is Tung Thanh Duong, and he’s wanted for conspiracy to commit money laundering .”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Special Agent Lamont Siller in Southeast Asia. He says Duong withdrew more than $400,000 and made transfers to another banking institution using an account he set up for a fake company.
Mr. Siller: “ The account holder notified the bank that they had not conducted or authorized that transaction .”
Mr. Schiff: Siller says Duong widened his laundering web.
Mr. Siller: " Additional wires were made to other bank accounts that were owned and operated, that we subsequently determined, by Thanh Duong. Those companies of those accounts were X-Y-Z companies, meaning that they did not conduct any legal business. ”
Mr. Schiff: Tung Thanh Duong has worked as a truck driver; he may be living in Viet Nam or Hong Kong. Check in at FBI.gov to see Duong’s wanted flyer. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week .”
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes