Director’s Community Leadership Awards
March 25, 2011
Every year, the FBI honors those who work closely with us to prevent crime and educate communities about security threats.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI can only protect and defend the United States with the support and understanding of the American public. Every year, the FBI honors those who work closely with us to prevent crime and educate communities about security threats.
Polly Brunkhardt: To further the mission of the FBI is why we did it. The end result is that we did put a human face on the FBI for these people, and they’ve now become the agency’s biggest fans, as am I.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this “FBI, This Week.” Polly Brunkhardt is a recipient of the Director’s Community Leadership Award for making a difference in the lives of children in a Kansas City soccer league. She spearheaded an effort to rebuild the league’s field, which had fallen into disrepair.
Brunkhardt: To give them a positive outlet for their energies because there are so many things that they’re exposed to every day on the streets related to crime and gang-ridden activities. It was a monumental effort, but so worth it because the difference that we made in that park was just absolutely phenomenal.
Halpern: Thanks for listening to “FBI, This Week.”
- 09.14.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Operational Support During Hurricanes
- 09.08.2017 — FBI, This Week: Director Christopher Wray Speaks at INSA Summit
- 09.01.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Charity Fraud in Wake of Hurricane Harvey
- 08.25.2017 — FBI, This Week: Operation Wellspring Expands
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime