International Conference on Cyber Security
January 6, 2012
The FBI is teaming up with Fordham University for the International Conference on Cyber Security to identify emerging cyber threats and develop ways to mitigate those threats.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is teaming up with Fordham University for the International Conference on Cyber Security. It’s an effort to identify emerging cyber threats and develop ways to mitigate those threats.
Shawn Henry: The threat that we face from cyber intrusions is really significant.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. As cyber threats escalate, the critical infrastructure and computer networks of the U.S. are under constant attack. Organized crime groups, terrorists, and nation-states are among our adversaries. Shawn Henry is the FBI’s executive assistant director…
Henry: It harms us economically; it harms us from a national security perspective. It’s a tremendous threat to our way of life.
Halpern: In addition to partnering with academia, the FBI works with the private sector and fellow intelligence and law enforcement agencies—including our global counterparts—to mitigate cyber threats.
Henry: Everything in cyber starts or ends internationally. And, if we can’t engage successfully with foreign partners, we can’t be successful in mitigating the threats.
Halpern: For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 07.20.2017 — FBI, This Week: AlphaBay Criminal Marketplace Takedown
- 07.19.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Academia Nacional Marca un Hito
- 07.17.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Murder Investigation
- 07.14.2017 — Gotcha: Couple Sentenced in Massive Health Care Fraud Scheme
- 07.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Historic Nationwide Health Care Fraud Takedown