January 11, 2013
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are preparing for the upcoming 57th presidential Inauguration.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are preparing for the upcoming 57th presidential Inauguration.
Michael A. Clancy: It’s really a huge responsibility that we have.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI is the lead agency for the event when it comes to counterterrorism, weapons of mass destruction, hostage rescue, and investigations. The United States Secret Service is the lead agency for the design and implementation of the operational security plan. Michael Clancy is the deputy assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division at FBI Headquarters…
Clancy: Also, we have to deal with the backdrop of balancing constitutionally protected rights—like, for example, freedom of speech—and balancing that up against our requirement to investigate possible violations of criminal law.
Halpern: Special agents, intelligence analysts, and other FBI personnel will work around the clock leading up to and during the inauguration to make sure it is a safe moment in history.
For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 03.28.2017 — FBI, This Week: Using Social Media to Engage the Public
- 03.22.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.20.2017 — Inside the FBI: FBI Cautions Consumers About Tax-Related Crimes
- 03.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Be on the Lookout for Tax-Related Fraud
- 03.13.2017 — FBI, This Week: Seeking Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo on Anniversary of Consulate Murders