January 11, 2013
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are preparing for the upcoming 57th presidential Inauguration.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are preparing for the upcoming 57th presidential Inauguration.
Michael A. Clancy: It’s really a huge responsibility that we have.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. The FBI is the lead agency for the event when it comes to counterterrorism, weapons of mass destruction, hostage rescue, and investigations. The United States Secret Service is the lead agency for the design and implementation of the operational security plan. Michael Clancy is the deputy assistant director of the Counterterrorism Division at FBI Headquarters…
Clancy: Also, we have to deal with the backdrop of balancing constitutionally protected rights—like, for example, freedom of speech—and balancing that up against our requirement to investigate possible violations of criminal law.
Halpern: Special agents, intelligence analysts, and other FBI personnel will work around the clock leading up to and during the inauguration to make sure it is a safe moment in history.
For more information, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 02.14.2019 — FBI, This Week: Partnerships Help Prevent Illicit Streaming
- 02.08.2019 — Se Busca Por el FBI: Hasta $3 Millones de Recompensa por Hossein Ahmad Larijani
- 02.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Publicación de las Estadísticas de 2017 de Delitos Motivados por el Odio
- 02.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of African-American Special Agents
- 01.31.2019 — FBI, This Week: Trade Secret Theft Protection and Prevention Safeguards