Hostage Rescue Team’s 30th Anniversary
January 25, 2013
The FBI commemorates the 30th anniversary of its counterterrorism tactical unit, the elite Hostage Rescue Team, or HRT.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI commemorates the 30th anniversary of its counterterrorist tactical unit, the elite Hostage Rescue Team, or HRT.
Sean Joyce: They have the attributes that will keep this organization the best in the world. Keep it successful, keep it safe.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. HRT has the specialized training, resources, and manpower to respond to the Bureau’s most urgent and complex cases in the United States and overseas. Missions include helicopter and manhunt operations, barricaded subjects, and more. Deputy Director Sean Joyce…
Joyce: Since its inception, it’s been deployed over 700 times to different places and parts of the world.
Halpern: The selection process is competitive. Special agents must excel in physical fitness and firearms. Joyce was an HRT operator for nearly five years…
Joyce: It was really an honor and a privilege to be on the team.
Halpern: To learn more about the FBI’s HRT, visit www.fbi.gov.
- 08.17.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Trains with Partners on Indian Country Crime
- 08.10.2017 — Inside the FBI: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.10.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet-Connected Toys Pose Security Risks
- 08.03.2017 — FBI, This Week: Christopher Wray Sworn In as FBI Director
- 07.27.2017 — FBI, This Week: One-Year Anniversary of Prescription Drug Initiative