Health Care Fraud
February 18, 2011
Health care fraud makes victims of all American taxpayers, particularly society’s most vulnerable.
Mollie Halpern: Health care fraud makes victims of all American taxpayers, particularly society’s most vulnerable. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and you’re listening to “FBI, This Week.” Billing for unrendered and unnecessary services is driving up health care costs. Financial Crimes Section Chief Sharon Ormsby says health care fraud is costing billions.
Sharon Ormsby: That money could have been used for further health insurance needs of our citizens and that money is being lost.”
Halpern: Enterprising criminals are devising more sophisticated fraud schemes, but the FBI and its partners have the resources and tools to track them down…
Ormsby: We will seek to use the development of sources, develop undercover techniques, conduct wiretaps as a means for us to better attack the emerging schemes that are out there.
Halpern: Guarding the information on insurance cards is one way to protect yourself. To learn other ways, visit www.FBI.gov. That’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 06.22.2017 — FBI, This Week: Internet Crime Complaint Center Releases Annual Report
- 06.21.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Se Solicita Información Sobre Eduardo Ravelo, uno de los Diez Fugitivos más Buscados
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: Hogan’s Alley—The “Baddest” Town in America
- 06.15.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Ingeniería Social