Fugitives Showing in Times Square, New York
January 15, 2010
The FBI is now showing, to millions of people, bad guys on a digital billboard in New York City’s Times Square.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI is now showing, to millions of people, bad guys on a digital billboard in New York City’s Times Square.
Mr. Kolko: “We are posting pictures and information on some of the most wanted fugitives for the FBI.”
Mr. Schiff: That’s FBI Special Agent Rich Kolko in New York.
Mr. Kolko: “ People in their cars, people walking down the street—they look up and you see this colorful billboard, it’s got a big picture on it, it’s got a telephone number, and it’s got the crime that some of these people are accused of doing.”
Mr. Schiff: Kolko says there’s an arrangement with Clear Channel for sharing computerized, digital billboards and already elsewhere, fugitives have been identified and eventually caught this way.
Mr. Kolko: “So, if we’ve got a fugitive, whether it’s fast paced crime, or a long-term fugitive, we can simply get on our computer, e-mail that picture to an advertising company, and within a matter minutes, they put it right on that billboard.”
Mr. Schiff: Besides the billboards, check out fbi.gov on the Internet. There are hundreds of pictures and information about terrorists and fugitives. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 07.12.2018 — Se Busca por el FBI: Antwan Mims ha Sido Agregado a la Lista de los Diez Prófugos más Buscados
- 07.12.2018 — FBI, This Week: National Skimming Initiative Launched
- 07.06.2018 — FBI, This Week: 2018 Honors Internship Program
- 06.27.2018 — FBI, This Week: Antwan Mims Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 06.27.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims