FBI’s International Operations - II
November 6, 2009
The FBI's International Operations Division Assistance Director provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities the division has to the organization and part it plays in fulfilling the FBI's mission.
Mr. Schiff: The FBI helps people ‘round the world. Special Agent Kathy Stearman is an FBI Legal Attaché; first in New Delhi, India and now in Beijing, China. While in India, Stearman worked a big case that involved the Sri Lankan Liberation of Tigers Tamil Elam, known as the LTTE.
Mr. Joyce: “The LTTE had several cells in the United States that were raising funds for terrorist activities in Sri Lanka. So I was fortunate enough to bring Newark agents out to Sri Lanka, worked very closely with the Sri Lankan government to obtain evidence against these subjects, who were subsequently prosecuted.”
Mr. Schiff: Stearman says she’s proud the FBI played a role in moving the peace process forward.
Mr. Joyce: “The LTTE has been pushed back by the Sri Lankan government, and that civil unrest is basically over.”
Mr. Schiff: The FBI has 61 Legat offices around the world. I’m Neal Schiff of the Bureau, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 03.23.2018 — FBI, This Week: Hazardous Devices School
- 03.23.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Tips in Amy Bradley Investigation
- 03.16.2018 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.08.2018 — FBI, This Week: W-2 Phishing Scams Increase During Tax Season
- 03.01.2018 — FBI, This Week: Rapid DNA Analysis Initiative