FBI Super Bowl Sunday Preparations
February 4, 2011
While football fans have their eyes on the field during the Super Bowl, hundreds of FBI personnel tackle possible threats behind the scenes.
Mollie Halpern: You’re listening to “FBI, This Week.” While football fans have their eyes on the field during the Super Bowl, hundreds of FBI personnel tackle possible threats behind the scenes. Special Agent in Charge Robert E. Casey, Jr.
Casey: The FBI has substantial responsibilities for crisis management in the event of a terrorist attack.
Halpern: The FBI works closely with dozens of local, state, and federal agencies to prepare for the event.
Casey: Public safety planning has been very extensive with a lot of expertise from various agencies.
Halpern: That plan takes years to put together.
Casey: A two-year planning process, and then, of course, it accelerates after the last Super Bowl.
Halpern: At the Super Bowl—or elsewhere—watch for and report suspicious activity.
Casey: You see something suspicious, call your local police department.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the FBI, and that’s what’s happening at the “FBI, This Week.”
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Beware of Virtual Kidnapping for Ransom Schemes
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted Report Released
- 10.16.2017 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Provides Critical Supplies to Those Impacted by Hurricane Maria
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.10.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Tenga Cuidado con el Fraude por Parte de Organizaciones Benéficas como Resultado de los Huracanes