FBI Special Agent Vacancies
April 10, 2015
The FBI is extending its acceptance of applications for the special agent position through the end of April.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is extending its acceptance of applications for the special agent position through the end of April.
James Turgal: We’re looking for men and women who have high integrity, that have exceptional skills in their ability to deal with change, to understand complex situations—someone who is willing to defend the American public and defend the Constitution.
Halpern: That was Assistant Director of the Human Resources Division James Turgal, who says the extension is an opportunity to increase a diverse pool of candidates.
Turgal: We, as the FBI—FBI special agents—need to reflect the communities that we serve.
Halpern: The FBI seeks talented candidates who are ethnically diverse and who come from all walks of life—from teachers to cyber experts to accountants.
Turgal: I need individuals out there that can both have diversity of look, diversity of thought, and diversity in what they bring to the table.
Halpern: Candidates should have a four-year degree, three years' work experience, mental endurance, and the ability to pass a rigorous physical fitness test. On average, one out of three candidates is accepted because of the high standards set for a special agent.
Mecole Spencer fulfilled a lifelong dream when she was accepted to join the FBI.
Mecole Spencer: At the end of an investigation, I know that I’ve put the bad guys in jail, I've served my country, and that is the rewarding part for me.
Halpern: Learn how to apply at fbijobs.gov. From FBI Headquarters, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week.
- 05.24.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: El FBI Lanza una Nueva Iniciativa Contra la Trata de Personas con Fines de Explotación Laboral
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera