FBI Environmental Protection Program
April 19, 2013
The FBI is committed to integrating earth-friendly practices into the way we carry out our law enforcement mission.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is committed to integrating earth-friendly practices into the way we carry out our law enforcement mission.
Catherine Shaw: We try to find the bad guy, and in the environmental realm, we can apply that same mentality towards protecting the natural resources that we have.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. As a federal agency, the Bureau must meet special provisions within the law and executive orders to be environmentally compliant and sustainable. Environmental Protection Program Manager Catherine Shaw…
Shaw: We’re also guardians of taxpayer resources—so if we can save energy, if we can save water, if we can reduce our waste, we’re also reducing cost to the taxpayer.
Halpern: The FBI has several environmental programs, from recycling to energy and water conservation to green purchasing.
Shaw: With new buildings that we construct or lease—including the new FBI Headquarters facility—we want to make sure that we are really reaching towards the green building goals that have been established for Executive Branch agencies.
Halpern: That’s what’s happening at the FBI, This Week.
- 09.29.2016 — FBI, This Week: The Collection of Crime Statistics
- 09.29.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Leonard Rayne Moses
- 09.22.2016 — FBI, This Week: Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — Inside the FBI: Comey’s Remarks at the 10th Anniversary of the National Security Division