FBI Environmental Protection Program
April 19, 2013
The FBI is committed to integrating earth-friendly practices into the way we carry out our law enforcement mission.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is committed to integrating earth-friendly practices into the way we carry out our law enforcement mission.
Catherine Shaw: We try to find the bad guy, and in the environmental realm, we can apply that same mentality towards protecting the natural resources that we have.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern, and this is FBI, This Week. As a federal agency, the Bureau must meet special provisions within the law and executive orders to be environmentally compliant and sustainable. Environmental Protection Program Manager Catherine Shaw…
Shaw: We’re also guardians of taxpayer resources—so if we can save energy, if we can save water, if we can reduce our waste, we’re also reducing cost to the taxpayer.
Halpern: The FBI has several environmental programs, from recycling to energy and water conservation to green purchasing.
Shaw: With new buildings that we construct or lease—including the new FBI Headquarters facility—we want to make sure that we are really reaching towards the green building goals that have been established for Executive Branch agencies.
Halpern: That’s what’s happening at the FBI, This Week.
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week Podcast: Iris, The FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.18.2016 — Inside the FBI: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.11.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Information in Disappearance of Sidney Cranston