FBI Core Values Inspire Mountainous Goal
January 3, 2014
Qualities inherent in the FBI’s core values and motto of “Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity” inspires a 9-year-old boy from California to set a world record.
Mollie Halpern: Qualities inherent in the FBI’s core values and motto of “Fidelity, Bravery, and Integrity” inspires a 9-year-old boy from California to set a world record.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau with FBI, This Week. Tyler Armstrong is now the youngest person ever to summit Mt. Aconcaqua in Argentina. He also happens to be the son of FBI Special Agent Kevin Armstrong, who says he tries to instill the qualities he shares with his FBI family with his own family.
Kevin Armstrong: Tyler sees those core values are important to me and I think he wants to make those core values important to himself as well. The FBI is a good role model for me, and it’s a good role model for him as well.
Halpern: Serving others is central to adhering to the FBI’s motto and core values. Tyler bravely climbed the nearly 23,000-foot mountain to raise money and awareness for friends with a type of muscular dystrophy known as Duchenne.
Armstrong: As an FBI agent, our job is to serve others. I think Tyler understands that his job as a human being on this planet is not just to look out for himself, but to serve others.
Halpern: Tyler Armstrong…
Tyler Armstrong: He’s a great father, he’s told me how to always look out for other people before yourself. And how to keep your country safe.
Halpern: Learn more about the FBI’s motto and core values at www.fbi.gov
- 03.21.2019 — FBI, This Week: Women’s History Month
- 03.14.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Another Milestone for the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 03.13.2019 — FBI, This Week: Director Wray Mandates Visit to 9/11 Memorial and Museum for Trainees
- 03.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Bureau Participates in Largest Nationwide Elder Fraud Sweep to Date
- 03.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Recopilación en Curso de Información Acerca del Uso de la Fuerza Policial a Nivel Nacional