Evolution of the FBI
September 9, 2011
The FBI has become more of an intelligence-driven, threat-focused agency over the past decade.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI has become more of an intelligence-driven, threat-focused agency over the past decade.
Tom Harrington: Since 9/11, the equation changed for us. Our focus today really is on prevention and being ahead of the threat whenever possible.
Mollie Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. To strengthen the FBI’s ability to disrupt terrorist threats and identify crime trends, the Bureau adopted lessons from the corporate world. FBI Associate Deputy Director Tom Harrington...
Harrington: So in today’s FBI, we have a very specific business model that holds us accountable to protecting the communities that we serve.
Halpern: This includes realigning our limited resources, improving technology, developing our leaders, and fostering partnerships.
Harrington: In the coming years, we’ll certainly be focused on trying to refine our business processes and improve our performance.
Halpern: For more information, visit the “Ten Years After: The FBI Since 9/11” website on www.fbi.gov. That’s what’s happening at the FBI, This Week.
- 05.18.2017 — Esta Semana en el FBI: La Delincuencia Organizada de Ventas al Detalle Puede Presentar Peligros a la Salud
- 05.18.2017 — FBI, This Week: Preliminary Statistics for Law Enforcement Officers Killed in the Line of Duty in 2016 Released
- 05.18.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Jaime Jesus Sola Avila
- 05.17.2017 — Se Busca por el FBI: Rubén Pérez Rivera
- 05.15.2017 — FBI, This Week: National Police Week 2017