Evolution of the FBI
September 9, 2011
The FBI has become more of an intelligence-driven, threat-focused agency over the past decade.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI has become more of an intelligence-driven, threat-focused agency over the past decade.
Tom Harrington: Since 9/11, the equation changed for us. Our focus today really is on prevention and being ahead of the threat whenever possible.
Mollie Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. To strengthen the FBI’s ability to disrupt terrorist threats and identify crime trends, the Bureau adopted lessons from the corporate world. FBI Associate Deputy Director Tom Harrington...
Harrington: So in today’s FBI, we have a very specific business model that holds us accountable to protecting the communities that we serve.
Halpern: This includes realigning our limited resources, improving technology, developing our leaders, and fostering partnerships.
Harrington: In the coming years, we’ll certainly be focused on trying to refine our business processes and improve our performance.
Halpern: For more information, visit the “Ten Years After: The FBI Since 9/11” website on www.fbi.gov. That’s what’s happening at the FBI, This Week.
- 02.14.2019 — FBI, This Week: Partnerships Help Prevent Illicit Streaming
- 02.08.2019 — Se Busca Por el FBI: Hasta $3 Millones de Recompensa por Hossein Ahmad Larijani
- 02.08.2019 — Esta Semana en el FBI: Publicación de las Estadísticas de 2017 de Delitos Motivados por el Odio
- 02.08.2019 — FBI, This Week: Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of African-American Special Agents
- 01.31.2019 — FBI, This Week: Trade Secret Theft Protection and Prevention Safeguards